Resolution on Genocide of the Armenians (100th anniversary)
24 April 1915 – 2015: 100 years genocide of the Armenians!
Time to face up to history!
One of the autochthonous peoples of Anatolia, the Armenian people, was expelled from Anatolia by the Ottoman state in 1915, annihilated on death marches and “in the nothing” of the Syrian desert. More than one and a half million people were horribly massacred in this genocide. A people and its culture were almost completely exterminated. Only a few, some ten thousands Armenians survived.
The official version of the government of the ”Party for Unity and Progress“ veils the genocide of the Armenians as “displacement“ and justifies it with alleged “circumstances due to war“, as the Ottoman Empire went to the first imperialist World War in 1914 on the side of Germany and Austria-Hungary. The genocide was planned by the Ottoman-Turkish state and its army in a strategic way and carried out in cold blood. They are mainly to blame and those chiefly responsible for the genocide. All those imperialist states involved at that time also bear joint responsibility for this genocide, but mainly the German imperialism. Its generals held responsible positions in the general staff of the Ottoman army and took actively part in the military action against the Armenian people. But also parts of the Turkish and Kurdish people took part in the pogroms, got rich and have a share in the blame and bear joint responsibility.
The founding of the Turkish Republic on the shambles of the Ottoman Empire in 1923 under the leadership of Mustafa Kemal was among other things based on denying the genocide. Many of those directly responsible of the genocide of the Armenian people took up high political positions in the new Turkish state.
Until today, 100 years after the beginning of the campaign of destruction, the lies and distortions of the history of the genocide are constituent historiography of the ruling Turkish classes. Denying the genocide of the Armenians is connected with the oppression of the Kurdish nation and other national religious minorities, Assyrians, Pontus Greeks, Roma etc. until today.
To this day, in 2015, the Armenian community in North Kurdistan/Turkey is exposed to Turkish racism, chauvinism and manifold prosecution.
Hrant Dink, fighter for reconciliation of peoples and Armenian identity is one of the victims. In the 21st century, the affiliation to the Armenian people and supporting the right for equal rights of all peoples, nations and nationalities is still deadly.
On the occasion of the 100th anniversary on 24 April 2015 we as ICOR demand:
Recognition of the genocide of the Armenians by the Turkish state!
Immediately, without condition and with all consequences:
- Complete equality of the Armenian community!
- Ban of any form of anti-Armenian racism and chauvinism!
- Right to return for all descendants of the murdered or displaced Armenians!
- Compensation to the Armenian state and neighborly democratic cooperation on equal rights!
It is only by this way that a true brotherhood of the working people of all nationalities in North Kurdistan/Turkey can come into existence!
Solidarity with the Armenian people!
Signatories (on 20th April 2015, further signatories possible):
- MMLPL Moroccan Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Line
- CPSA (ML) Communist Party of South Africa (Marxist-Leninist)
- PPSR WATAD Parti Patriote Socialiste Révolutionnaire WATAD (Patriotic Socialist Revolutionary Party WATAD), Tunisia
- MLOA Marxist-Leninist Organization of Afghanistan
- CPB Communist Party of Bangladesh
- CPI (ML) Red Star Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist)
- PCC CPI (ML) Provisional Central Committee Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist)
- Ranjbaran Hezb-e Ranjbaran-e Iran (Proletarian Party of Iran)
- CPN (Unified) Communist Party of Nepal (Unified)
- NCP (Mashal) Nepal Communist Party (Mashal)
- NDMLP New-Democratic Marxist-Leninist Party, Sri Lanka
- Krasnyj Klin Gruppa Kommunistov-Revoljucionerov „Krasnyj Klin“ (Group of Communist Revolutionaries “Krasnyj Klin” [Red Wedge]), Belarus
- KSC-CSSP Komunisticka Strana Cheskoslovenska – Cheskoslovenska Strana Prace (Communist Party of Czechoslovakia – Czechoslovakian Workers Party), Czech Republic
- MLPD Marxistisch-Leninistische Partei Deutschlands (Marxist-Leninist Party of Germany)
- KOL Kommunistische Organisation Luxemburg (Communist Organization of Luxemburg)
- RM Rode Morgen (Red Dawn), Netherlands
- MLP Marksistsko-Leninskaja Platforma (Marxist-Leninist Platform), Russia
- RC Reconstrucción Comunista (Communist Reconstruction), Spain
- MLGS Marxistisch-Leninistische Gruppe Schweiz (Marxist-Leninist Group of Switzerland)
- KSRD Koordinazionnyj Sowjet Rabotschewo Dvizhenija; Ukraina (Coordination Council of the Working-class Movement of Ukraine)
- PR Partija Rada (Party of Labor), Yugoslavia (ex)
- PCC-M Partido Comunista de Colombia – Maoista (communist Party of Colombia - Maoist)
- PC (ML) Partido Comunista (Marxista Leninista) (Communist Party (Marxist-Leninist)), Dominican Republic
- PCP (independiente) Partido Comunista Paraguayo (independiente) (Paraguayan Communist Party (independent))
- PPP Partido Proletario del Perú (Proletarian Party of Peru)
- ROL Revolutionary Organization of Labor, USA
Signed after the release date
27. BP (NK-T) Bolşevik Parti (Kuzey Kürdistan-Türkiye) (Bolshevik Party (North Kurdistan-Turkey))
28. MIKSZ Magyar Ifjúság Közösségi Szervezete (Organisation of Hungarian Youth Community), Hungary
29. PML del Perú Partido Marxista Leninista del Perú (Marxist-Leninist Party of Peru)
Additional Signatories (Non-ICOR):
Trotz alledem!, Germany