Around 20 January 2017: Worldwide protests against the inauguration of Donald Trump as US president!
- Rund um den 20.01.17: Weltweite Proteste gegen die Vereidigung von Donald Trump zum US-Präsidenten!
- Around 20 January 2017: Worldwide protests against the inauguration of Donald Trump as US president!
- En torno al 20-01-2017: ¡Protestas mundiales contra la prestación de juramento de Donald Trump para ser presidente de EE.UU.!
- Autour du 20/01/17 : Protestations à l’échelle mondiale contre l’entrée en fonction de Donald Trump comme président américain !
- Около 20 января 2017 г.: Всемирные протесты против инаугурации Дональда Трампа как президента США!
On 20 January 2017 Donald Trump shall be inaugurated as US president. There is protest in the USA and worldwide justly directed against that!
In its resolution on the election of Donald Trump as US president the ICOR wrote:
“With unbridled demagoguery, a flood of lies, a crude, open racist smear campaign and vile manipulation Trump presented himself as alleged advocate of the unemployed and impoverished workers and middle strata as well as opponent of the corrupt Wall Street managers, the representatives of the international monopoly and financial capital. In spite of his well-known open racist, chauvinist and anti-women positions he won as the supposedly lesser evil over the desired candidate of the Wall Street and the political establishment. After the failure of US imperialism in Iraq and Afghanistan and the relapse in the international competition after the world economic and financial crisis the most reactionary representatives of the US-American finance capital are trying to lead US imperialism back to old strength with Donald Trump.
Donald Trump taking office marks a general tendency towards oopen reaction and has geopolitical consequences. … The shift to the right of the new US government is a result of the masses seeking an alternative to the existing dispensation.”
This assessment is being confirmed! Especially during the last days it becomes clear what kind of cabinet Trump is composing for his politics: the most reactionary representatives of the Republican right, all of them representatives of the solely ruling international US monopolies. So the chief executive of ExxonMobil Rex Tillerson shall become Secretary of State, Andrew Puzder a marked anti-union representative shall become Secretary of Labor, Scott Pruit of all people, definitely a creationist, shall become Secretary of Environment. He denies any influence of humankind on the environment and stood out by constant judicial actions against the environmental administration which he shall now lead. Altogether three GoldmanSachs managers shall be represented in the future US government – one of them Steven Mnuchin, is appointed Secretary of the Treasury. In addition three generals will be part of the government team in the future who embody the aggressive war policy of the USA. Opposed to all traditions so far, one of them shall lead the Department of Defense of all things! As Secretary of Education Betsy deVos shall enforce the privatization of the public school system and has already announced to equate creationism as school subject to science subjects.
For weeks mainly the youth of the USA has been taking to the streets in over 50 cities – under the slogan “not my president!” “Neither Trump nor Clinton“ is also a widespread slogan worldwide. The ICOR supports the planned international protests around 20 January 2017 against the inauguration of Donald Trump and calls for worldwide activities. For this it will contribute all its possibilities of international cooperation and coordination.
For peace, freedom, and democracy – socialism!
Strengthen the ICOR!
Signatories (as of 17 January, 2017, further signatories possible):
- ORC Organisation Révolutionnaire du Congo (Revolutionary Organization of Congo), Democratic Republic of the Congo
- MMLPL Moroccan Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Line
- CPSA (ML) Communist Party of South Africa (Marxist-Leninist)
- PCT Parti Comuniste du Togo (Communist Party of Togo), Togo
- PPDS Parti Patriotique Démocratique Socialiste (Patriotic Democratic Socialist Party), Tunisia
- MLOA Marxist-Leninist Organization of Afghanistan
- CPB Communist Party of Bangladesh
- CPI (ML) Red Star Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) Red Star
- NCP (Mashal) Nepal Communist Party (Mashal)
- APTUF All Pakistan Trade Union Federation
- NDMLP New-Democratic Marxist-Leninist Party, Sri Lanka
- БКП Българска Комунистическа Партия (Bulgarian Communist Party)
- KSC-CSSP Komunisticka Strana Cheskoslovenska – Cheskoslovenska Strana Prace (Communist Party of Czechoslovakia – Czechoslovakian Workers Party), Czech Republic
- MLPD Marxistisch-Leninistische Partei Deutschlands (Marxist-Leninist Party of Germany)
- MIKSZ Magyar Ifjúság Közösségi Szervezete (Organisation of Hungarian Youth Community), Hungary
- KOL Kommunistische Organisation Luxemburg (Communist Organization of Luxemburg)
- RM Rode Morgen (Red Dawn), Netherlands
- MLP Marksistsko-Leninskaja Platforma (Marxist-Leninist Platform), Russia
- MLGS Marxistisch-Leninistische Gruppe Schweiz (Marxist-Leninist Group of Switzerland)
- KSRD Koordinazionnyj Sowjet Rabotschewo Dvizhenija (Coordination Council of the Workers Class Movement), Ukraine
- PCC-M Partido Comunista de Colombia – Maoista (Communist Party of Colombia - Maoist)
- PC (ML) Partido Comunista (Marxista Leninista) (Communist Party (Marxist-Leninist)), Dominican Republic
- PC/ML Partido Comunista (Marxista-Leninista) de Panamá (Communist Party (Marxist-Leninist) of Panama)
- PCP (independiente) Partido Comunista Paraguayo (independiente) (Paraguayan Communist Party (independent))
- PPP Partido Proletario del Perú (Proletarian Party of Peru)
Signed after the release date:
26. Ranjbaran Hezb-e Ranjbaran-e Iran (Proletarian Party of Iran
27. NPCH (ML) Nouveau Parti Communiste Haϊtien (Marxiste-Léniniste) (New Communist Party of Haiti (Marxist-Leninist))
International Coordination of Revolutionary Parties and Organizations
- Office of the ICC -
Buerer Strasse 39
Phone: + 49-209-3597479