Freedom for the Maruti-Suzuki workers! Long live the international workers' unity!
- Freiheit für die Maruti-Suzuki-Arbeiter! Es lebe die internationale Arbeitereinheit!
- Freedom for the Maruti-Suzuki workers! Long live the international workers' unity!
- ¡Libertad para los obreros de Maruti-Suzuki! ¡Viva la unidad obrera internacional!
- Liberté pour les ouvriers de Maruti-Suzuki! Vive l'unité ouvrière internationale !
- Свободу рабочим Марути-Судзуки! Да здравствует международное единство рабочих!
On 18 March 2017, 13 workers of the Japanese-Indian corporation Maruti-Suzuki in India were sentenced to life imprisonment on trumped-up charges of murder, 18 were sentenced to a long prison term. Only a few hours later 35,000 workers went on strike against this scandalous verdict. There is a call for a nationwide day of strike on 4 April. The ICOR supports this day of strike and calls for organizing worldwide solidarity actions. The only “crime” of these workers consists in having led one of the first and thus internationally most highly important strike of a “core workforce” against the dismissal of contract workers and in having built up the militant trade union MSWU against all repressions.
The attack on the Maruti-Suzuki workers is an attack against the entire international proletariat. The ICOR – the revolutionary world organization with 50 member parties and organizations on four continents – declares its full solidarity demanding the immediate annulment of the judgments and the release of the political prisoners!
The ICOR supports the call of Indian trade unionists for a national day of strike on 4 April and calls for worldwide solidarity and protest actions on this day in order to unfold the international solidarity and international workers' unity against the ultra-reactionary Hindu-fascist Modi government. The experiences of the workers call for a coordination of the internationally raging struggles:
- The Russian state uses police and paramilitaries against the just struggles of the Russian miners of “King Coal” in Gukovo for compensations after a plant closure. They are blocking the town and attacking the miners.
- With the takeover of Opel by PSA ten thousands of jobs are endangered in Germany and France; militant workers advocate the cross-border struggle.
As organization of practical cooperation and coordination the ICOR promotes the cross-border struggle of the working class in accordance with the slogan of Karl Marx and W.I. Lenin “workers of all countries, unite!” and among other things supports the construction of the International Automotive Workers Coordination (www.iaar.de/index.php/en/) and the International Miners' Coordination (www.minersconference.org/index.php/en/)
100 years after the victorious October Revolution in 1917 in Russia we learn its most important lessons: the working class must have the leadership in the society-changing struggle, in the revolutionary movement! The workers are only victorious with a strong, firmly rooted revolutionary leadership, revolutionary and Marxist-Leninist parties!
Strengthen the international workers' unity and the international workers' coordination!
Workers of all countries, unite!
Workers of all countries and oppressed peoples, unite!
Strengthen the ICOR!
Signatories (as of 31 March, 2017, further signatories possible):
- ORC Organisation Révolutionnaire du Congo (Revolutionary Organization of Congo), Democratic Republic of the Congo
- MMLPL Moroccan Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Line
- CPSA (ML) Communist Party of South Africa (Marxist-Leninist)
- PPDS Parti Patriotique Démocratique Socialiste (Patriotic Democratic Socialist Party), Tunisia
- MLOA Marxist-Leninist Organization of Afghanistan
- CPB Communist Party of Bangladesh
- CPI (ML) Red Star Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) Red Star
- Ranjbaran Hezb-e Ranjbaran-e Iran (Proletarian Party of Iran)
- NCP (Mashal) Nepal Communist Party (Mashal)
10. APTUF All Pakistan Trade Union Federation
11. NDMLP New-Democratic Marxist-Leninist Party, Sri Lanka
12. Krasnyj Klin Gruppa Kommunistov-Revoljucionerov „Krasnyj Klin“ (Group of Communist Revolutionaries “Krasnyj Klin” [Red Wedge]), Belarus
13. БКП Българска Комунистическа Партия (Bulgarian Communist Party)
14. MLPD Marxistisch-Leninistische Partei Deutschlands (Marxist-Leninist Party of Germany)
15. KOE Kommounistikì Orgànosi Ellàdas (Communist Organisation of Greece)
16. RM Rode Morgen (Red Dawn), Netherlands
17. MLP Marksistsko-Leninskaja Platforma (Marxist-Leninist Platform), Russia
18. MLGS Marxistisch-Leninistische Gruppe Schweiz (Marxist-Leninist Group of Switzerland)
19. PR Partija Rada (Party of Labor), Yugoslavia (ex)
20. PR-ByH Partija Rada - ByH (Party of Labor - Bosnia and Herzegovina), Bosnia and Herzegovina
21. PCC-M Partido Comunista de Colombia – Maoista (Communist Party of Colombia - Maoist)
22. PC (ML) Partido Comunista (Marxista Leninista) (Communist Party (Marxist-Leninist)), Dominican Republic
23. PC/ML Partido Comunista (Marxista-Leninista) de Panamá (Communist Party (Marxist-Leninist) of Panama)
24. PCP (independiente) Partido Comunista Paraguayo (independiente) (Paraguayan Communist Party (independent))
25. PML del Perú Partido Marxista Leninista del Perú (Marxist-Leninist Party of Peru)
26. PPP Partido Proletario del Perú (Proletarian Party of Peru)
27. KOL Kommunistische Organisation Luxemburg (Communist Organization of Luxemburg)
28. BP (NK-T) Bolşevik Parti (Kuzey Kürdistan-Türkiye) (Bolshevik Party (North Kurdistan-Turkey))
Signed after the release date:
29. NPCH (ML) Nouveau Parti Communiste Haϊtien (Marxiste-Léniniste) (New Communist Party of Haiti (Marxist-Leninist))
Additional Signatories (Non-ICOR):
Trotz alledem!, Germany