ICOR call for 8 March
One half of humankind are women!
Worldwide, more and more women are freeing themselves from the chains of feudal and capitalist/imperialist exploitation and special oppression: they fight against poverty, for jobs, for preserving the natural foundations of life, for a life in peace and freedom. In particular young women speak up and struggle against sexism and misogyny. Internationally the worldwide women's movement was the initiator of the worldwide protests against the inauguration of the new US president Trump!
Women are getting organized and coordinated!
Worldwide, ever more organized mass movements and alliances have emerged over the last years, in particular against violence against women – as for example the worldwide movement "Ni una menos" (not one more) initiated by the women of South America; in 2016 there were unprecedented nationwide protests of men and women in India after young women had been brutally raped; in Europe/Germany a broad social movement emerged against sexualized violence against women under the slogan Nein heißt Nein (No means No). At the same time in an anti-racist way this movement also opposed the instrumentalization of this issue “against Islamist immigrants” and also achieved a change of the law governing sexual offenses – even though still a half-hearted one; in Kurdistan women are fighting with the Kurdish liberation movement for the liberation of women and have achieved a lot in short time! An important step forward in this regard is the coordination of their struggles and their organized union in the process of the World Women's Conference of grassroots women, most recently at the 2nd World Women's Conference 2016 in Nepal. In this process the grassroots women of the world are getting organized – women workers, laboring women, teachers, housewives and young women discuss and coordinate their experience, struggles, demands and collaboration. This process of the World Women's Conference of grassroots women which reaches far beyond the ICOR is supported by the ICOR in accordance with its own objectives and principles.
From the beginning, the objective of the liberation of women was anchored in the programmatic objectives of the ICOR. The ICOR coordinates and cooperates worldwide on annual days of struggle for the International Women's Day and advocates the promotion of women in the parties and organizations of the international revolutionary and working class movement.
The liberation of women, feudalism and capitalism are incompatible!
While on one hand, immeasurable wealth is piled up, the imperialist world system calls into question the living conditions of the masses. The liberation of women from double exploitation and oppression, not least by patriarchal structures and traditions requires the self-liberation of women, their participation in the worldwide struggles for democracy and freedom, a socialist revolution, the worldwide building of socialism and the organized alliance necessary to achieve this. The year 2017 is an excellent occasion to draw lessons from the first successful socialist revolution, the October revolution in Russia. It is a historical hallmark with imperishable achievements in the liberation of women.
8 March belongs to the women of the world, occupying streets and plazas with their demands, loud, confident and optimistic.
ICOR-Parties! Support and promote the militant women's movement, the promotion of women and organizing many women in your organizations!
Long live international solidarity!
Women and girls of the world! Organize in the struggle for the liberation of women and of humankind as a whole! Participate in the campaign 100 Years October Revolution!
Signatories (as of 14 .February 2017, further signatories possible):
- ORC Organisation Révolutionnaire du Congo (Revolutionary Organization of Congo), Democratic Republic of the Congo
- MMLPL Moroccan Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Line
- CPSA (ML) Communist Party of South Africa (Marxist-Leninist)
- PPDS Parti Patriotique Démocratique Socialiste (Patriotic Democratic Socialist Party), Tunisia
- MLOA Marxist-Leninist Organization of Afghanistan
- CPB Communist Party of Bangladesh
- CPI (ML) Red Star Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) Red Star
- NCP (Mashal) Nepal Communist Party (Mashal)
- NDMLP New-Democratic Marxist-Leninist Party, Sri Lanka
- БКП Българска Комунистическа Партия (Bulgarian Communist Party)
- БРП(к) Българска Работническа Партия (комунисти) (Bulgarian Workers Party (Communist))
- KSC-CSSP Komunisticka Strana Cheskoslovenska – Cheskoslovenska Strana Prace (Communist Party of Czechoslovakia – Czechoslovakian Workers Party), Czech Republic
- SMKC Svaz Mladych Komunistu Cheskoslovenska (Union of young Communists of Czechoslovakia), Czech Republic
- MLPD Marxistisch-Leninistische Partei Deutschlands (Marxist-Leninist Party of Germany)
- KOL Kommunistische Organisation Luxemburg (Communist Organization of Luxemburg)
- RM Rode Morgen (Red Dawn), Netherlands
- MLP Marksistsko-Leninskaja Platforma (Marxist-Leninist Platform), Russia
- VZDOR VZDOR - strana práce (Resistance - labour party), Slovakia
- MLGS Marxistisch-Leninistische Gruppe Schweiz (Marxist-Leninist Group of Switzerland)
- TIKB Türkiye İhtilalci Komünistler Birliği (Union of Revolutionary Communists of Turkey)
- MLKP Marksist Leninist Komünist Parti Türkiye / Kürdistan (Marxist Leninist Communist Party Turkey / Kurdistan)
- KSRD Koordinazionnyj Sowjet Rabotschewo Dvizhenija (Coordination Council of the Workers Class Movement), Ukraine
- PR Partija Rada (Party of Labor), Yugoslavia (ex)
- PR-ByH Partija Rada - ByH (Party of Labor - Bosnia and Herzegovina), Bosnia and Herzegovina
- PCC-M Partido Comunista de Colombia – Maoista (Communist Party of Colombia - Maoist)
- PC (ML) Partido Comunista (Marxista Leninista) (Communist Party (Marxist-Leninist)), Dominican Republic
- PC/ML Partido Comunista (Marxista-Leninista) de Panamá (Communist Party (Marxist-Leninist) of Panama)
- PCP (independiente) Partido Comunista Paraguayo (independiente) (Paraguayan Communist Party (independent))
- PPP Partido Proletario del Perú (Proletarian Party of Peru)
- BP (NK-T) Bolşevik Parti (Kuzey Kürdistan-Türkiye) (Bolshevik Party (North Kurdistan-Turkey))
Signed after the release date:
NPCH (ML) Nouveau Parti Communiste Haϊtien (Marxiste-Léniniste) (New Communist Party of Haiti (Marxist-Leninist))
Additional Signatories (Non-ICOR):
Trotz alledem!, Germany