Down with the reactionary war in Sudan! Down with the reactionary militias! Victory for the Sudanese workers and masses!
Since April 15, Sudan has been experiencing an escalation of violence in the capital Khartoum, where the Sudanese Armed Forces led by General Alburhan and the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces led by General Hamidati are engaged in a fierce exchange of fire after days of tension between the two forces. So far, more than 400 civilians have been killed, some 3,500 people injured and thousands displaced in this armed conflict.
This escalation of the armed conflict comes five years after the uprising of the Sudanese people, who succeeded in overthrowing the reactionary dictator President Omar Al Bashir. Unfortunately, the uprising has not succeeded in building the new Sudan of democracy and freedom that the Sudanese people deserve, as the army generals have taken power and hijacked the people's revolutionary process.
ICOR, the International Coordination of Revolutionary Organizations, which is an international front of leftist revolutionary parties and organizations, is following the current events with great concern and hereby declares the following:
1. ICOR condemns the escalation of violence and armed conflict between the different armed groups and considers it a reactionary war between reactionary armed groups. The war is an expression of rival imperialist powers behind each of them and does not serve the interests of the Sudanese people. ICOR demands the immediate cessation of armed operations and killing.
2) ICOR reaffirms its full solidarity and support for the Sudanese people and their revolutionary forces such as the Sudanese Communist Party and the Coalition of Civil Organizations, that are waging a continuous revolutionary struggle against the reactionary regime and the army. It welcomes the efforts to form resistance committees for the self-defense of the masses and expresses its confidence that victory will come to the workers and the oppressed people.
3) ICOR considers that one of the reasons of this armed conflict is the imperialist intervention in Sudan. Imperialist powers want to secure the control of the rich raw materials of the country, among others gold and oil, also by military means. ICOR condemns imperialism and imperialist intervention from any side that exploits and plunders Sudan and hinders its progress.
4) ICOR calls upon the revolutionary forces in Sudan, in Africa and in the whole world to unite in the struggle against imperialism and to form the United Front against imperialism and fascism.
5. ICOR stands up for a strategic socialist perspective in the struggle for freedom and democracy.
Signatories (as of 27 April 2023, further signatories possible)
ORC Organisation Révolutionnaire du Congo (Revolutionary Organization of Congo), Democratic Republic of the Congo
CPK Communist Party of Kenya
MMLPL Moroccan Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Line
CPSA (ML) Communist Party of South Africa (Marxist-Leninist)
PPDS Parti Patriotique Démocratique Socialiste (Patriotic Democratic Socialist Party), Tunisia
SPB Socialist Party of Bangladesh
CPI (ML) Red Star Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) Red Star
NCP (Mashal) Nepal Communist Party (Mashal)
CPA/ML Communist Party of Australia (Marxist-Leninist)
PR-ByH Partija Rada - ByH (Party of Labor - Bosnia and Herzegovina)
MLPD Marxistisch-Leninistische Partei Deutschlands (Marxist-Leninist Party of Germany)
UPML Union Prolétarienne Marxiste-Léniniste (Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Union), France
BP (NK-T) Bolşevik Parti (Kuzey Kürdistan-Türkiye) (Bolshevik Party (North Kurdistan-Turkey))
KOL Kommunistische Organisation Luxemburg (Communist Organization of Luxemburg)
RM Rode Morgen (Red Dawn), Netherlands
UMLP União Marxista-Leninista Portuguesa (Portuguese Marxist-Leninist Union)
MLGS Marxistisch-Leninistische Gruppe Schweiz (Marxist-Leninist Group of Switzerland)
TKP-ML Türkiye Komünist Partisi – Marksist-Leninist (Communist Party of Turkey – Marxist-Leninist)
MLKP Marksist Leninist Komünist Parti Türkiye / Kürdistan (Marxist Leninist Communist Party Turkey / Kurdistan)
KSRD Koordinazionnyj Sowjet Rabotschewo Dvizhenija (Coordination Council of the Workers Class Movement), Ukraine
UoC Union of Cypriots, Cyprus
PCC-M Partido Comunista de Colombia – Maoista (Communist Party of Colombia - Maoist)
PCP (independiente) Partido Comunista Paraguayo (independiente) (Paraguayan Communist Party (independent))
PC (ML) Partido Comunista (Marxista Leninista) (Communist Party (Marxist-Leninist)), Dominican Republic
UPC-Manidem Union des Populations du Cameroun - Manifeste National pour l’Instauration de la Démocratie (Union of Populations of Cameroon - National Manifesto for the Establishment of Democracy)
MLOA Marxist-Leninist Organization of Afghanistan
RMP Российская маоистская партия (Rossijskaya maoistskaya partiya) (Russian Maoist Party)
PPRF Patriotic Peoples Republican Front of Nepal
PML del Perú Partido Marxista Leninista del Perú (Marxist-Leninist Party of Peru)
Subsequent signatories: Additional Signatories (Non-ICOR):Union of Maoists of the Urals