For the Liberation of Women in Socialism!
On this year's International Women's Day of Struggle, women worldwide are challenged in the whole range of life. From the multiple crises of the imperialist world system, which pose ever greater threats to all of humanity; from the drastic increase in imperialist powers resorting to greater wars and destruction; from the destruction of the environment that robs the youth of their future; from the misery of the greatest part of humanity, that is declared to be its destiny; with the imperialist war over Ukraine, the powers involved are escalating their imperialist warmongering inhumanly, toward the acute danger of a nuclear 3rd World War.
Militant women's movements around the world have begun to take up the challenges, are fighting and positioning themselves more and more relating to society as a whole. In the past year the special role of women in the popular uprising in Iran against the Mullah dictatorship and the active resistance of women against Taliban rule in Afghanistan and against the neo-fascist Hindu nationalism of the RSS in India have become shining examples. There are growing militant women's movements against violence against women and feminicides, against oppression because of sexual orientation like LGBTQA, for the right to self-determination over their own bodies and lives, for higher and equal wages and better working conditions, against worldwide inflation, and more. Strikes by women workers in Great Britain, in the textile industry and on tea plantations in Asia are a significant backbone of the international women's movement. Under most difficult conditions, women in Russia are sending signals of resistance against the government's war of aggression and warmongering, such as at recruitment centers. The heroic struggle and resistance of Palestinian women against Zionist repression and oppression continues to be a point of reference and a lesson for all women worldwide.
The struggles of women in Kurdistan are an important source of inspiration for militant women's movements worldwide, especially the resistance of women in Rojava against the attacks of the fascist Turkish state. In many countries, women are fighting the murderous imperialist wars in the spirit of Clara Zetkin and are themselves participating in wars of liberation.
The 3rd World Women's Conference of grassroots women in Tunisia 2022 brought together the international militant women's movement and provided an important forum for the necessary ideological-political debate and clarification of the common enemy in the imperialist world system.
The militant women see themselves more and more confronted with the reality that women's freedom systematically comes up against the limits of the bourgeois social order with its oppressive family and state system in one form or another. The ICOR, which has committed itself to the liberation of women and entire humanity, supports the struggles of women with its member organizations, stands for the revolutionary solution of women's liberation and promotes the role of revolutionary women in its organizations. With its 1st Women's Conference on 26 August 2022, it vividly expressed this position once again and sent a signal - also by winning women friends of the ICOR. With the structure of a women's coordination it wants to dedicate itself even more effectively to this task, because the women's liberation struggle, as an integral part of the class struggle and liberation struggles against exploitation, oppression, imperialist rule and wars, requires more than ever clear revolutionary perspectives and approaches to solutions.
Therefore, we as ICOR call upon all ICOR parties, all revolutionaries to work more intensively among women and girls and to promote their self-liberation. We call upon all women and girls of this world to join the revolutionary struggle, to join the ranks of the member organizations of the ICOR and to fight in the front line against gender violence, oppression and inequality as well as for social liberation! This year it is especially important to win women's organizations for the international United Front (UF) and its first world congress in September and for the international miners' conference in Germany in early September. This will strengthen the solidarity between the workers' and women's movements internationally.
For women's liberation, for socialism and communism!
- Let us make 8 March a worldwide day of struggle for the liberation of women and all of humanity!
- Let us strengthen international solidarity with women fighting for freedom, peace and justice all over the world!
- Let us do consciousness-raising work against all kinds of oppression, discrimination or disrespect of women and specifically promote and strengthen women in the revolutionary struggles!
Initial signatories - women of ICOR parties and mass women's organizations affiliated with them:
- Australia: Lindy L., Deputy Chair of the Communist Party of Australia (Marxist-Leninist).
- Bangladesh: Shampa Basu. President of the Socialist womens' forum, Central committee, Bangladesh; Dilruba Nury, General Secretary of the Socialist womens' forum, Bangladesh; Manisha Chakraborty, Organizing Secretary of the Socialist womens' forum, Bangladesh.
- Germany: Gabi Fechtner
- India: Comrade Pramilla, AIRWO - All India Revolutionary Women's Organization
- Portugal: Ana Vomhof, militant woman of the UMLP - Marxist-Leninist Portuguese League
- North and West Syria: JKŞ Revolutionary Communist Women North and East Syria :Fadya Sido (Spokesperson).
- Rojava: SYPG Office of Peoples' Unity and Solidarity Rojava
- South Africa: Gloria Mgaju, Abanqobi Women Together.
- Tunisia: Amira Dallech PPDS,Tunisia, Marwa Nejk PPDS,Tunisia Europe, Amani Abid Kifah, Tunisia; Torkia Chaibi, Million Rural Women and the landless, Tunisia; Iman Kahlaoui Kifah,Tunisia; Women committee Latifa Taamalah PPDS Tunisia, Kifah,Tunisia, MILLION RURAL WOMEN AND THE LANDLESS,
- Ukraine: Alina and the Women of the KSRD, Coordinating Council of the Labor Movement
- Uruguay: Women's Front of the PCR-U - Revolutionary Communist Party of Uruguay
Signatories (as of 5 March 2023, further signatories possible):
- MMLPL Moroccan Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Line
- CPSA (ML) Communist Party of South Africa (Marxist-Leninist)
- PPDS Parti Patriotique Démocratique Socialiste (Patriotic Democratic Socialist Party), Tunisia
- SPB Socialist Party of Bangladesh
- CPI (ML) Red Star Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) Red Star
- CPA/ML Communist Party of Australia (Marxist-Leninist)
- БКП Българска Комунистическа Партия (Bulgarian Communist Party)
- PR-ByH Partija Rada - ByH (Party of Labor - Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Symp.PFLP Sympathisanten der PFLP (Sympathisers of the PFLP), Germany
10. UPML Union Prolétarienne Marxiste-Léniniste (Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Union), France
11. RM Rode Morgen (Red Dawn), Netherlands
12. UMLP União Marxista-Leninista Portuguesa (Portuguese Marxist-Leninist Union)
13. MLGS Marxistisch-Leninistische Gruppe Schweiz (Marxist-Leninist Group of Switzerland)
14. TKP-ML Türkiye Komünist Partisi – Marksist-Leninist (Communist Party of Turkey – Marxist-Leninist)
15. MLKP Marksist Leninist Komünist Parti Türkiye / Kürdistan (Marxist Leninist Communist Party Turkey / Kurdistan)
16. MLPD Marxistisch-Leninistische Partei Deutschlands (Marxist-Leninist Party of Germany)
17. KOL Kommunistische Organisation Luxemburg (Communist Organization of Luxemburg)
18. KSRD Koordinazionnyj Sowjet Rabotschewo Dvizhenija (Coordination Council of the Workers Class Movement), Ukraine
19. UoC Union of Cypriots, Cyprus
20. PCP (independiente) Partido Comunista Paraguayo (independiente) (Paraguayan Communist Party (independent))
21. BDP Bloque Democratico Popular (Popular Democratic Bloc), Peru
22. PC (ML) Partido Comunista (Marxista Leninista) (Communist Party (Marxist-Leninist)), Dominican Republic
23. PCR-U Partido Comunista Revolucionario del Uruguay (Revolutionary Communist Party of Uruguay)
24. PML del Perú Partido Marxista Leninista del Perú
25.CPK Communist Party of Kenya
NCP (Mashal) Nepal Communist Party (Mashal)